Glee, Dave Karofsky, Kurt Hummel, and all other recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan, Brad Falchuk, and Fox and are used without permission. Because fanfiction is a derivative work copyright infringement is intended but not profited upon in any way (trust us --we lose money running this site); it's purely for fan purposes. All original characters, dialogue and plots are the property of the individual writers and plagiarism of individual works will not be tolerated and, if found plagiarising, you will be posted to Stop_Plagiarism and added to their list of known plagiarists, should their mods see fit to do so. Authors and works featured on this site do not represent the views and opinions of the Administrators. Fancy & the Fury © 2011.
- All stories featured on this site must be Kurtofsky centric. A relationship is not required but all stories require Kurt and Dave to be featured in some way, shape, or form, even if one or the other does not make an appearance in the actual story. Even if you're writing about Kurtofsky from a different character's POV at least one of the boys needs to be included.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, do not add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story.
- Do NOT add your story multiple times if it doesn't show up! We have all submissions set for mod approval. The best way to get your story approved quickly is to proofread before submitting. We do not assume to be the judges of good or bad writing, but we do check for low typo count and decent grammar and punctuation.
- "Please read", "Untitled", "I suck at summaries", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- Max Adler/Chris Colfer stories are not permitted under any circumstances. This is a Kurtofsky fic site and, technically, Max/Chris is a different pairing altogether.
- Changing minor details in your stories so they can surf the top of the recent submissions list so they receive more hits/reviews is blatantly rude, not to mention inconsiderate to other writers who are legitimately posting new stories or chapters. If we are notified that anyone is doing this, we will give one warning. If you persist in list surfing, your posting access will be rescinded.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate sexual warnings and adult content warnings, kinks (if applicable), spoilers, and genres. We worked very hard to give you an extensive search filter, but that filter won't do anyone any good if the stories on this site aren't tagged correctly.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters.
- We do NOT permit authors to post part of their story only to tell readers to go offsite to continue reading. It's rude and will probably lose you readers. Most people don't like having to go elsewhere to continue what they were doing.
- No works based on other fics are permitted without the original fic author's approval, so ask them first. If a work based on someone else's fic is submitted without the original story creator's consent we will take it down.
- If we feel your story contains blatant bashing of either Kurt or Dave for hateful purposes and not story development, the story will be removed.
- We do allow non-English fic! There is a language selection tag in the posting options. We allow all languages, so if yours is not on the list let us know! Do not use Google Translate to translate your English written fic in order to get more readers. Our foreign languages mod will be able to figure it out and it will not be posted.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed. To see how to upload art and graphics, click here.
My story was rejected! What do I do? Assuming it wasn't for a reason such as violating rule five then your fic probably needs to be proofread and resubmitted. If your fic is ever rejected, we will tell you why. We do not expect you to magically know and we value the time you spend on your work, so a rejected submission is always (excluding rule five violations) allowed to be resubmitted after the needed changes are made. The following are reasons a story my be rejected:
- Too many typos, generally more than five every 100 words.
- Glaring grammatical errors.
- Missing/incorrect punctuation.
- Title or summary is a generic filler rather than actual fic information.
If your fic has not been approved or denied, and it has been more than one week (7 days), please contact the mods. There is a chance we sent you a letter and it did not go through.
If you think you need a beta reader, please see our Beta & Writing Help page.
*If you would like to bypass waiting for approval you may request to become a validated author by contacting us. Not sure if you qualify? Generally someone qualifies for this if they have submitted three or more full stories (not drabbles) without being asked to resubmit.
If you need the TOS or Rules translated, please use Google Translate. If things are still unclear, you may ask us and, if someone on our staff speaks your language, we can offer further help.